Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Small Things...

I've been thinking about discipline, and how I need more of it in my life. That was my prayer request on Sunday - specifically, to have more discipline in my schoolwork and my spiritual life. I imagine this ideal flow of life where I devote time and attention to each of the areas that deserve it, and feel perfectly balanced and fulfilled.

I know that's never going to happen, but my accomplishment for the week? Doing dishes every day! This may not sound like much, but it feels so good to have a clean sink and counter instead of an intimidating pile. 

So maybe it is the small things, after all, that make the difference - or at least start us on that track to further discipline, or whatever it is that we're seeking. At least that's what I'm telling myself tonight :)

My clean sink! The dead flowers, those are for another day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment